Saturday 26 April 2014

The Beginning....

Exactly one year back I just happened to discover Boyce Avenue. I though (and think) they are talented and never thought much of it. Exactly one year after, I have a dream deep in my sleep. Not just one of those dreams you wake up and forget. One of those dreams that really really move you. In this dream I am with Alejandro Manzano from Boyce Avenue. I have no clue how a 'face' I had seen a year back on a YT video would re-appear in a dream.

To be certain, I jogged my memory to be sure I hadn't subconsciously caught the band name or A's name or any mention of them or their songs. I wanted to be sure my memory wasn't playing tricks on me so I gave it a day or two. I was sure. It was now strange. Why would someone I don't know and would most likely not meet in 'real' make a guest appearance in my dream and play a HUGE role.

I was so shaken by it that I remember every scene, every touch, every feeling, every bit of the happiness, joy and passion now. I can't shake it no matter how packed my day is with hectic work.

To be clear, A is not my type and I am almost certain I am not hist type. More importantly I live in Sydney Australia and he in LA I think. The likelihood of the dream transpiring into reality has a low probability.

I am also not a die hard fan. I do think they are talented but I don't swoon over anyone so by definition I do not qualify as a fan. HOWEVER, I do feel like I am "proud" of A.

I feel like I KNOW him. On a very deep level that transcends this 3rd dimensional physical reality.

So being uber practical I look up who this 'guy' is because I don't even know his name. I just remember the vocalist from some YT channel. I only go so far as finding out what his name and seeing what work he's been up to lately. I haven't "connected" / "followed" / "liked". Googling him I find a LOT of female fans totally "in love" with him. Not my words, theirs haha. I feel proud. Nothing else.

So I figured I would start this. This digital open letter / diary not really wanting A to read this but more as a private vent for figuring this out.

A moving dream on my parent's 34th wedding anniversary that I cannot shake off. I continue to look, watch, be proud from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment